Friday, February 9, 2007

we made it


Four states down none to go. We have arrived.

Louisiana

This morning i got a look at some of the devastation that Hurricane Katrina left behind. After crossing Lake Pontchartrain you can see houses with no roofs, building signs broken in half and smashed into buildings. It is terrible what happened down there, and if you can, try to give a little bit to help them out.
www.redcross.org/

Mississippi

Did not do very much in Mississippi except drive. But i have to say Mississippi and Alabama were the two biggest surprises on the trip. Everything was green and beautiful.

Alabama

See above.

Florida

Four days 2800 miles and we finally pulled up to Mario's parents mansion. Swimming pools and movie stars (not really any movie stars that i know of). Tomorrow I am going over to see the Atlantic Ocean. If you are keeping count in the last week I have seen The Great Salt Lake , Pacific Ocean, Colorado River, Pecos River, Red River, Mississippi River, Lake Pontchartrain, Gulf of Mexico, and the Atlantic Ocean.

One more thing, i would like to address anyone who took issue with my comments on Texas.
Here are few reasons that support my claims.
  1. Kinky Friedman for Texas Governor
  2. The President George Bush Turnpike
  3. Walker Texas Ranger
  4. The Texas Rangers (baseball team)
  5. The smell of El Paso ( I was there ten years ago and the smell still haunts me)
  6. The way people take offense when you say something bad about Texas



3 comments:

alisha said...

Hooray!!! You made it!!! SUCCESS!!! And you mess with Texas all you want. I will do my best to back you up or get out of the line of fire.

Anonymous said...

Good work, Justin. At least you're done with all the driving, right? I like the blog, by the way. Keep up the good work.

Steve said...

Concerning Texas...

I'll give you #2. However, don't diss El Paso! That's where I was born...