Monday, January 12, 2009

ahh the holidays... extended version with directors commentary

With much encouragement form my devoted fan, here is the unedited version of the The Holiday season according to Alisha
Dec. 13 start the much anticipated NOTYONEWS the letter.
Dec. 14 think really hard about news for the letter for about 11 minutes, take a nap due to brain strain.
Dec. 16 panic about the newsletter.
Dec. 17 give up and mail what we have.
Dec. 21 Jack Daniels Christmas. I know what you're thinking, but there was no alcohol involved! Jack is Justin's Grandfather. Jack Daniels Christmas is always a good time. We head to Provo to meet with all the aunts, uncles and cousins. We dine, we play games, we story tell, we white elephant and best of all. We keep in Daniels tradition and make it as quick as possible. We hightail it out of there as fast as can be. This always amazes me, at my family gatherings we linger for an excruciating amount of time. But not the Daniels Family. They get in and get out, very efficient.
Dec. 24 The day with Mike for a grueling game of "X96 Radio from Hell home edition the game." For those of you not from Utah I highly recommend you give the radio from hell a listen. With out online streaming in Iowa, I never would have made it.
http://www.x96.com/
Dec. 24 Eve Grandparents house. We did cookie decorating this year instead of the usually game of Take my Junk. Me and my mother went to my Grandmothers house the week before to bake the cookies. Then on Christmas Eve we get invited over to decorate the cookies and then plate them, all so my Grandmother could give me the gift of Cookies. Now I'm not one to complain (well yeah I am but...) I want to point this out for comedic purposes that I baked, decorated, plated and cleaned up all the mess so my Grandmother could give me a plate of homemade cookies for Christmas. When I pointed this out to my Grandma she reminded me its the thought that counts...
Dec. 25th AM my usually Teenage Lazy Brothers were out of bed by 9AM this year, which leads me to believe they never went to bed the night before.
Dec. 25 Afternoon Present frenzy at Becks. Children screaming, Wrapping Paper flying, Maggie fearing for her life as gifts fly through the air and noisy toys scream the anthem of Christmas! Of course the traditional Christmas Ham. (by News Years Justin has eaten so much Ham he glistens in the dark)
Dec. 25 Christmas Dinner! More Ham. and Vegan fair for the rest!
Dec. 26 Bossmass. The usual Breakfast Feast for Dinner (if your not aware of the Picky Daniels Family eating habits, it makes it nearly impossible to feed them all) Breakfast is the meal we all agree on.
Dec. 28 Our 6th Wedding anniversary. Because of a couple of reasons this may be our last anniversary. One reason is California's Prop. 8, the other is that I made Justin see a movie he was not emotionally prepared for.
Dec. 31 NEW YEARS EVE! what party animals we are... We went to the Fritz's for an appetizer extravaganza! We were home by 10PM to watch the sad Dick Clark Rockin' New Years Eve Show. I have to say we were in Time Square for 2003 New Years Eve and watching it on TV is much more exciting.
As a new years resolution Justin & myself vow this

a) buy a house

b) fix said house

c) complain about being home owners

d) Justin of course would like to take a picture of himself every day again and count how many times he pees in year. This is something Justin has done every year since I started dating him and yet I still married him. What does that say about me???
I think c) is the only one we can keep up all year!
This New Years was the 15th anniversary of our first date. and they said it wouldn't last.
The end of the Holiday season ends with my Birthday Jan.9 I have a unique gift for making my Birthday last for weeks. I have to say thank you to Divorcees, for making such dreams come true!

1 comment:

Brigham said...

I definitely think that the bit about Justin eating so much ham that he actually glistens in the dark should make the news letter next year. That was funny.